Are There Any Prayers For Driving Away Jinn?
Wa `alaykum as-Salam,
Imam al-Nawawi in al-Adhkar mentioned that Ibn al-Sunni narrated that a man came to the Prophet, upon him blessings and peace and said that his brother suffered from a kind of jinn possession. The Prophet told him to bring him to him then recited upon him the following:
- Sura al-Fatiha
- The first four verses of al-Baqara
- two verses from the middle (163-64)
- Ayat al-Kursi
- the last three verses of al-Baqara
- The first verse of Al `Imran
- Verse 18 of Al `Imran
- Verse 54 of al-A`raf
- Verse 116 of al-Mu'minun
- Verse 3 of al-Jinn
- The first 10 verses of al-Saaffaat
- The last 3 verses of al-Hashr
- The last three Suras of the Qur'an.
As for the letter supposedly dictated by the Prophet, upon him blessings and peace, to our liege-lord `Ali for the protection of Abu Dujana, known as the hirz of Abu Dujana: it is a forgery according to Ibn al-Jawzi in the Mawdu`at, al-Dhahabi in Mizan al-I`tidal, Ibn Hajar in the Isaba, and al-Suyuti in al-La'ali' al-Masnu`a, and Allah knows best.